Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not another blog...!!!

This is my first post of my new running blog, RunningSchultz. Why start a blog, about myself, for myself? Who cares? No one, really. But it is for me, to hold myself accountable. This way, when I say I'm going to do something, I have written it down and I am accountable. No more thinking in my mind, "I'm going to try and qualify for Boston" or "I'm going to run a 65 minute Broad Street." Now, if I write it on my blog, it is like I have said it out loud so I have to do it, and put forth my best effort. Before, it was like, "Well, I didn't tell anyone I was going to try and qualify for Boston, so it is not a real failure." Now it will be, and I think it will motivate me to work harder in my training.

Now when I state my goals on my blog, I can end with a quote from possibly my favorite movie of all time, Slumdog Millionaire...

"It is written, yeah?"

So should I say it? Should this be my first posted goal?
Not yet. Here is the first goal, Broad street. My PR for broad street is 66 minutes. Don't think I will be able to break that with everything that's been going on lately, namely, my new daughter, which equals many a sleepless night and breaks in training. So goal #1, sub 70 minutes for Broad St 2010. "It is written."
Broad St starting line, do you see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment